Pages

Singapore Zoo - A Top Notch Tourist Spot

The last time I visited the Singapore Zoo must have been while I was still studying in my pre-teens. For the first time, I took a vacation and did not go abroad, instead, it was a goal to visit parts of Singapore I have ignored, as I deemed it a little just too touristy.

This time, I wanted to experience what it was like being a tourist in Singapore. And the Singapore Zoo was in the list of 'to visit' places. I started the day around 11am by taking an express bus provided by the Zoo along Orchard Road. It probably is the best way to get there if you are staying along Orchard Road. The afternoon is a good time to visit, as you can catch the afternoon feeding time, and follow on with the Night Safari if not too tired.



I was simply amazed by the transformation the Zoo had undertaken over the past years. I almost felt like I was in an amazon theme part in Disney with all the enclosures beautifully landscaped. In fact, I must admit I not only enjoyed watching the animals, but also the natural backdrop. Indeed it was well worth the half day spent here.

If you would like to combine both Singapore Zoo and the Night Safari, I would actually recommend arriving around 2pm if you wish to watch some of the animals being fed. The sky turns dark around 7pm, so that would not be too long a wait to continue with the Night Safari.

The Singapore Zoo is located a distance away from the city center. There is a private bus called the Singapore Attractions Express that actually plies along Orchard Road, which is a great for both tourists and locals like. Expect the journey from Orchard Road to take over an hour.