Pages

Sydney best cafes and restaurants

It is less then a year and I am back at Sydney, Australia. This time I had to choose a hotel that was right in the heart of CBD so that I would not have to take to much of public transport, rather just walk from building to building for my meetings. I noticed that Sydney CBD is split by Town Hall station. Anything from Town Hall towards Chinatown is where the hub of activity is after office hours. Whereas anything upwards from Martin Place towards Circular Quay was mostly offices, crowded during the day, quiet in the night, with little food options. If I had a choice again, I would stay right at Town Hall station so that it would not be so difficulty finding a reasonably priced place to dine after work hours.

I arrived on the weekend before my work week to have a feel of Sydney city and walk around a bit to visit some of my favorite places. The first night on arrival, I stayed at Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney. It is a lovely hotel to stay, though a little shabby in the lobby, the rooms are beautifully maintained with a lovely bathroom and living room. The first item on my agenda was to head down to Barangaroo which was a 10 minute walk from the hotel. The area was bustling with diners and restaurants, so different when it first opened. I could hardly find a spot to dine, finally settling for a spot at Bel and Brio for a simple salad.





The following day, which was a Sunday, I headed over to Kensington Road to try Concrete Jungle Cafe. I was searching for new cafes to try and this popped up with it's unique blue smoothie bowl. The food was as good as it looked, and it must be one of my best meals during this trip. There after it was shopping at Broadway mall which houses Target and Kmart as well as a bunch of local shops. The best place for me to stock up on t-shirts and sports attire, as they can be quite expensive where I come from. Finally ending I ended the day by heading back to the same spot at Kensington Road to try some sweets at the Koi Dessert Bar. They don't allow you to the second floor unless you ordered the set, so you are left with outdoor and bar seating.



With the start of the Monday work week, I was left walking up and down Pitt Street, seeing the crowds flood the streets during the lunch hour at Martin Place which is quite amusing. After work, I managed to head to the Botanical Gardens for the sunset and a breath of fresh air, ending the day with a lovely grilled salmon at Pony Dining The Rocks.







For lunch on Tuesday, I decided on The Paramount Coffee Project. Featured as one of the latest cafe to visit, and one of my wish list in my last trip. It was a must go lunch spot. It is an open concept cafe with good decent coffee, and interested fried egg on toast. A little too oily for my liking, but tasty anyhow.





Now this is sounding like a foodie adventure. Dinner led me to wander around Angel Place, the area famed for its hanging bird cages. I finally settled at Felix Bistro and Bar, which I got to understand later, was a French restaurant. It served a lovely steak with potato and salad, perfect as a meal, where I did not have to add a side salad.





On my last day in Sydney CBD, I had breakfast at Flour and Stone and this appears to be one of the best places I have had a cake in Sydney.





A walk back to the city to finish up my meetings, and looking back, it was a trip well spent with good food and weather.